Wednesday, January 18, 2012

50 Days of Self Reflection: Day 9

If you were a saint, what would you be the patron of?Why?

I would be the patron of superstitious folks, to be invoked against superstition, by the burning of an undyed beeswax candle with my medal pressed into it, and a black ribbon wrapped around it's base, on the eve of my feast day, while reciting my special prayer. The medal would then be coated in the wax and worn in a red pouch around the person's neck, to ward off superstitious thoughts..because I can never escape my little superstitions.

4 comments:

  1. OOH. Can I be the patron saint of fairies and rainbows and unicorns? Or do I have to stick to real stuff?

    I'll be the patron saint of personal bloggers and candlelighters and people who like to hang onto old books and novelists struggling through the middle of their books and people who believe in keeping a little bit of childhood around forever. And that ought to give me enough to pray over, unless God fixes my mind so it wanders less up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN be the patron of fairies! People can put your statue out in the woods with little cakes and tiny cups of water and wait through the evening to see them decorate you with flowers and leaves!!! How fun would that be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I should get credit for Masha's patronage - totally my idea.
    signed,
    "The Neglected Husband"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Credit given! Thanks Love!! :)

    ReplyDelete