Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hands..

Christie (at Everything to Someone) and Jenna (at A Light Inside) have recently shared hand photos to study. Here is mine..though it's my left - and less dominate - hand. 

Talk about dirty..and do you see my messy nails? I couldn’t get a proper photo of my right hand, but they’re pretty similar - a have a longer writer’s fork on the palm of my left hand, but a more creative ‘head line’ on my right..The fingers themselves are very similar. I have fire hands (longer palm, shorter fingers), and you can see my little finger curving in toward my ring finger - which shows a tendency to talk, and to play with words, to use language artistically. My ring finger leans away from my middle finger though, which shows my art will never amount to much - financially speaking, I'm too careless, to unfocused. But my index finger leans decidedly into my middle finger, showing I might make some money with freelancing. My thumb has gotten less stubborn over the years, it's now firm, but forgiving. If you could see my palm, you'd notice first my uncommon good luck in love (which you'd notice anyway, if you've met my husband!) - or else my unstable and over-imaginative mind..with the potential for insanity late in life..hopefully I'll manage to hold it together! Or, if not..my hand is pretty certain I'll be joyful all the way through, which is a blessing. I tried to take photos of my palm as well, but the lines didn't show..an Indian musician I met once on a train had the same complaint - your lines are too light..so perhaps my life is still somewhat fluid, nothing set in stone yet - except love and joy.




6 comments:

  1. So you're supposed to show your dominant hand, eh? Sweet, 'cause I did that without thinking about it. I'm a lefty.

    Okay, first--I love the flourish up your wrist. So pretty! And I would never have noticed 'dirty' in the soft light if you hadn't mentioned it. :P It's a beautiful hand with beautiful fingers, and I love the idea of all that joy in your life. That's a gift.

    "perhaps my life is still somewhat fluid, nothing set in stone yet - except love and joy"

    That's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, your dominant hand changes more as you grow and live, so it shows more..I'm too fond of my tattoo to give up on my left hand though ;)

      Joy is such a gift, isn't it! I'm blessed in that, for certain! Which is good, 'cause I need it some days!

      Delete
  2. I have fire hands too. 'Cause I'm hot.
    -The Neglected Husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go look are your own hand now..it's newly posted ;)

      Delete
  3. Are those your wedding rings? Did you (or Seth) design them?

    If I'm measuring right, I have fire hands as well. Short stubby fingers, longer palm. I photographed my left hand, but I'm right-handed. Oh well!

    I can see you being a slightly loopy old lady. Your grandchildren will be all like, "Yeah, my granny (babcia?), she's crazy! She lives in a house in the woods and talks to saints and belly dances. She's way cooler than yours!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The engagement rings..he designed one, and when it broke, he bought me one to replace it until the original was repaired..For a while I wore both of them, one on either side of my wedding ring..which he didn't design, but it's still pretty. Now both engagement rings are broken and it's just my lonely little wedding ring :(

      I love fire hands! Aren't they fun!..I think I will be a crazy babcia..but hopefully the good kind of crazy!! It's kind of weird to think about being Old..not just middle-aged, but old, old..I think I'll avoid it for a while ;)

      Delete