Saturday, November 7, 2009

"The best thing would be to work on till art lovers feel drawn toward it of their own accord, instead of having to praise or to explain it." - Vincent van Gogh


My home feels brighter tonight then usual. The blue around me is deep and smooth, I can see none of the imperfections in the walls tonight, only the color, that meets sunflower yellow of the front room and calls the gold of the Icons to leap out into the spaces between the walls. It is a dance of color all around me and I am buried in them - warm, safe, enraptured.

Pots are scattered across the floor as we prepare to list a huge batch of pots for sale. My husband is taking photos. I spent the morning cleaning, tonight our floor is smooth and shiny as amber, clean, and temporarily home to various photo props - a chopstick, numerous books, potted herbs, a jug of wine and scarves. I'm lucky to have him, lucky he takes such lovely photos, and loves taking them - enough to spend his entire afternoon surrounded by pots and props.

No comments:

Post a Comment