Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"One can live magnificently in this world, if one knows how to work and how to love, to work for the person one loves and to love one's work."
~Tolstoy
My father's birthday was Tuesday. I have been so wrapped up in snow and winter storms tha I find it hard to believe March has come already. It's hard to imagine spring can come to melt away the deep snows all around us. Because of the snow, and my overwhelming fear of being trapped again in a snow-bank on my own road, I've only just ventured out to mail his card. I think he's used to my tardy ways though.
A retreat I attended recently discussed how father's form our image of God, I can't help but agree. I've always seen my father as an icon of God's limitless generosity - a boundless giving of goodness and love. I'm grateful for my chance to learn realiance on goodness early on, and I hope, my father, like God is aware of my gratitude and love, even when it's buried in the woods, trapped by huge amounts of fresh snow and slick roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment