Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time."
Albert Camus

My home glows in honey tones today. I've deep-cleaned the front two rooms, rearranged furniture, and washed every surface with Murphy's oil soap. We have sunlight pouring in from the autumny outdoors and hitting the floor in bright patches. I've changed cloths on the tables and shelves, shaken out curtains, and wiped every window inside and out. I could lie on the warm wood and bask in the beauty of my home, kiss my happy Icons, or wander my lovely rooms rejoicing, but I'm just sitting, drenched in beauty, lost in it.

Sts. Nicholas and George have been moved to the blue wall, below the Trinity - if they, and my husband like the move, they will have a new home there. I think Nicholas likes sharing in the meals.

I never knew that Led Zepplin covered "Babe, I'm gonna leave you" but here it is, playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment