Thursday, February 17, 2011


"On my wall hangs a Japanese carving,
the mask of an evil demon..
sympathetically I observe
the swollen veins of the forehead, indicating
what a strain it is to be evil."
~Bertolt Brecht

I love this image of Christ's kicking feet! I discovered recently that His baby-feet are always shown in iconography as a constant reminder that He was human, that He walked on the earth. I like to think of Baby Christ too, kicking merrily under his little blankets and squirming in comfort. Goodness has such a comfort to it, like an old cashmere sweater that never itches, or the feel of clean, dry hair being styled by someone else. Being Goodness, I can't imagine the Baby Christ in discomfort, I think of Him carrying His comfort with Him, wrapping up in it and dreaming with the imagination of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment