Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"God and other artists are always a little obscure."
~Oscar Wilde

On Saturday my husband and I wandered in the park. It was a cool, autumn day and we kept to the sunny parts - discovering a patch of bright yellow, "butter and eggs" flowers. A small bundle are now brightening up my kitchen window.

Yesterday was the first meeting of our new book club. I've been longing to start one - and it couldn't have gone better. We're reading books with a "Catholic imagination." Our first is The Man Who was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton. One of the "Catholic" aspects of the novel I'm hoping to bring out is the obvious enjoyment and full participation in the moment that the primary character displays throughout the entire book - no matter the situation.

I'm also currently reading Chesterton's "The Flying Inn," which has the same passionate intensity.

Is anyone reading anything amazingly good? Or absolutely awful?


No comments:

Post a Comment