Friday, June 26, 2009

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
E.B. White

Today I rejoiced in the sunlight. Our laundry pile had been getting out of control, thanks to the week of wet weather, but today, I managed to lower it considerably - though now most of my newly clean clothing is hanging nervously on the line, waiting for this evenings clouds to drench them. We're promised a storm tonight, but I'm hoping it holds off until Monday and we can have the weekend to enjoy.

I've been enjoying Tolstoy again, which distracts me from the important things in life. Tolstoy makes me hungry for good things - made with consonants and vodka, displayed lavishly; C.S. Lewis makes me hungry for soft-boiled eggs and toast; Hemmingway makes me hungry for beer, oysters, and bread. They all make me want tea. I have been drinking so much tea - hot and cold this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment