Tuesday, January 20, 2009


"He who distinguishes the true savor of his food can never be a glutton; he who does not cannot be otherwise. "

~Henry David Thoreau


I am marinating salmon for tonights dinner. I've wrapped it in lemon infused olive oil, raw honey, garlic, scallions, mangos, and chard; now it is waiting at home for the flavors to come together. My husband loves this meal. For us the value of a beautiful meal, arranged well and tasting excellence, is exceptionally high.


We were blessed Sunday with another foot of snow and warmer temperatures. I love the new snow, I love trudging through it, listening to it crunch and creak and crash as it tumbles off branches. Last week in the cold we kept ourselves warm with hot cocoa, irish coffee, cafe au rum, hot tea. This week, with our space heater off, we can enjoy plain water again and pad around barefoot on the cool floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment