Friday, July 18, 2008

“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. I drink at it; but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains.”
Henry David Thoreau

Raspberry season is in full swing here in New England! Last night I made raspberry walnut muffins with a recipe that was acceptable, but not outstanding, and began cooking down raspberries for preserves. They are still cooking down as I write. This evening I will go picking again. There are few summer activities more satisfying then berry-picking on breezy July evenings.

I haven’t quit settled into the fact that it is July, and the middle of July at that. Where do the days go? I am always surprised, looking back to discover that a week, a month, even a year has slid away into the past; somehow, I forget that time does not stand still until I notice how much has changed around me. “But eternity remains.” Thank goodness eternity remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment